Friday, May 9, 2014

So, we are in Morocco! Not only that, but we are finishing up our second week with the clients here. Its been a hectic trip thus far, but I can say with entire confidence that we have been enjoying as much as humanly possible, not a moment wasted with this group...  


The group in Fes!


Visiting a local workshop in Fes
Not even a week had passed and we had already visited three different places: Fes, Chefchaouen, and Tangier. My favorite was Fes, with its 9,000+ street medina, where every turn results in a different and wonderful assault on the senses. This is a haven for photo lovers, I must have taken about 500 photos the time we spent exploring it! 







This second week found us settling into a routine, or at least as much of a routine as you can have in Morocco. Our team in particular is working with the "Office de la formation professionnelle et de la promotion du travail", which is a government institution for vocational training. Our goal in the assignment is to deliver a communications strategy to the organization. As such, we've been visiting some of their schools and holding interviews with students, teachers, and management. 
One of many, many doors in Chefchaouen

Overall, it's been a humbling experience so far....I'm so accustomed to traveling always with work, that I thought Morocco was another country I'd be adding to my list, but I was not expecting to be as enamored by the country and its culture as I am. It reminds quite a bit of Latin America in some aspects, so I feel right at home here. 

One of our school visits with OFPPT


This was a longer post than intended, mainly because I've gone two weeks without posting anything... I will post sooner next time, and make it shorter, until then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment